B2B CFO® Earns Award
for Second Consecutive Year
I’d like to congratulate my fellow B2B CFO® partners. We were named to the Inc. 500/5000 fastest growing companies again in September!
An Article Worth Reading
This month, I’m sharing an article I found in the New York Times that effectively addresses the question of “When Should a Small Business Hire a Finance Chief?”
Some of the points mentioned include:
- Bring on a CFO when:
- The CEO is being distracted from revenue-generating activities to handle finance issues.
- The company is having trouble producing timely and accurate financials.
- Considering making an acquisition or preparing the company to be sold.
- The CEO needs a business partner for strategic decisions like performing competitive market analysis, raising capital, or securing credit.
- A controller is always looking backward in their role of closing the books, but a CFO is always looking forward.
- Consider a part-time CFO if a full-time CFO isn’t needed, yet.
- “The bottom line is probably this: hire a CFO as soon as you can afford one.”
I hope you and your family have a great holiday season!