About Peter Eaton
Peter is a trusted executive and business partner with more than 30 years of relevant experience. He is respected for his superb business skills, insight, objectivity, honesty, and integrity. By utilizing his knowledge and experience, Peter helps mid-market companies realize the benefits and contributions of a CFO without having one on staff. His experience is in business management and leadership, demonstrated through his work with entrepreneurs, private equity firms, nonprofit organizations, and middle market companies. The sectors he has served include medical products, ;telecommunications, hospitality, real estate, and manufacturing industries, among others. Peter has assisted a variety of companies, helping private small to medium-sized firms with revenues ranging from $3 million to in excess of $1 billion, as well as public companies in the Fortune 500, meet their goals.
By both managing a business and serving clients, Peter learned the importance of integrating operational and financial processes to improve efficiencies, communication, and profitability. With that experience in mind, he focuses on building strong relationships with his clients at all levels within the organization to help business owners and their employees understand the key success factors, and how each person contributes to the overall success of the organization. Peter has experience in communicating and negotiating with all transaction stakeholders and their respective advisors including private equity firms, traditional funding institutions, lawyers and accountants. He also has extensive experience in executing plans to reduce expenses and improve overall profitability.
Peter’s diverse industry experience allows him to quickly analyze all aspects of the business to identify problem areas and develop solutions that work. His understanding of finance and operations allows him to develop the right financial systems to support the company’s operations. He is adept in strategic business planning, the establishment of operational/financial controls, transaction structuring, systems integration, human resources, and risk management. Peter has years of expertise in developing financial forecasts that have been used to raise capital and support business plans. He also has experience dealing with companies that have run into financial challenges, identifying and then correcting ineffective business practices.
Peter’s area of expertise and skills include the following applications:
- Develop long range business plans, annual operating budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Negotiate and closure of loans and credit lines to improve cash availability and liquidity to growth.
- Implement comprehensive expense budgeting and sales forecasting systems.
- Develop systems, policies and procedures to manage inventories and increase inventory turnover.
- Evaluate work flows to identify labor and operational savings without compromising financial results.
- Manage working capital through improved collections and inventory management resulting in increased cash flow to fund growth.
- Implement and convert accounting software to improve timely operational reporting and efficiency.
- Manage sales tax, insurance and external financial audits for timely results and reduced expense.
- Train staff on operating system applications and reporting to increase marketing activity effectiveness while improving operational profitability.
- Manage key vendor relationships such as banks, benefit providers, attorneys, accounting firms and insurance agents.
- Identify opportunities to increase operating income and business growth
Peter holds a B.A. degree in Political Science & Economics from Union College in Schenectady, New York and a MBA from the University of Notre Dame. Peter and his wife, Laura, live in Edina, MN.