About Patrick Keefe
Patrick has more than 35 years of financial management and operational experience including more than 12 years as an audit and tax professional with a Big 4 accounting firm and almost 25 years as a Financial Executive in Companies and Organizations with revenues that range from $6 million to $500 million. In most of these Organizations, he was responsible for Accounting and Financial Operations, as well as Human Resources, IT, Credit and Collections, Compliance and Risk Management.
He has worked in a variety of industries including Financial Services, Food Production, Ethanol Production, Retail, Service, Transportation, Construction, Wholesale Distribution, Manufacturing and Nonprofit. Patrick has successfully implemented new operations, financial, payroll and CRM systems in five different organizations over the last 20 years.
Patrick has worked with entrepreneurs, private equity firms and participated in identifying targets for acquisitions and developing the structure for those acquisitions. He has a passion for working with founders and their families and working through transition and communication issues to reach a shared goal.
Patrick is also skilled at developing financial plans that lead to increased profitability through the use of clear strategies and measurable objectives. With prior experience as an insurance agent, Patrick also identifies risk areas and the potential for saving money in health and property insurance.
Patrick’s experiences include:
- Cash Management and Cash Flow Forecasting
- Strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Financial and management reporting and analysis
- Exit strategy planning through the use of an ESOP
- Improving profitability through revenue growth and expense control
- Designing compensation and incentives to align employees with strategic objectives
- Accounting and financial staff development and change management
- Management of relationships with banks, CPA’s, insurance providers, and attorneys
- Treasury, banking, and debt management including debt covenant compliance
- Improved business processes and organizational structuring
- Development of accounting policies, processes, and controls
- Implementation of accounting and/or operational systems
- Risk Management and insurance plan design
- Litigation support
Patrick is a hands-on leader and enjoys solving his client’s problems. He works well with employees at all levels within an organization and fosters loyalty and top performance from staff members. He is respected for his superb business skills, insight, objectivity, honesty and integrity.
Patrick and his wife Michelle have four children and four grandchildren and live in Apple Valley, MN where they are both active in their local community.
BBA Accounting – University of Wisconsin Eau Claire (1983) MBA – Bethel University
Certificates & Licenses:
CPA(Inactive) WI Intermediary Insurance Agent (Inactive)
Bethel University – Adjunct Professor Minnesota Society of CPAs Christian Business Faculty Association