About Mike Ridder
Mike has over 20 years of experience in financial and business management as a CFO, VP Finance and Controller for public and private companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500. During his career, he has worked in a variety of organizations both domestically and internationally with experience in process and component manufacturing, marketing, engineering, non-profits and construction companies. Mike has public accounting experience with both a “Big 4” and small local firm providing services to companies of all sizes. During that time period, he was engaged in manufacturing, not for profit and governmental clients along with several due diligence projects.
His diverse background and experience gives him the knowledge to identify and resolve issues not only in the financial arena but also provide insight to business owners in all aspects of their operations. Mike is quick to learn an existing situation, assess the risk and opportunity and build a plan to help deliver those results using a process driven approach. Cash flow is of the highest importance and he has implemented processes designed to optimize working capital, capital investment prioritization and financing to support business objectives.
Mike has installed forecasting processes in several companies which allows for the support of capital and business plans while keeping the focus on the future development of the company. He has had experience in high growth and mature companies which provides business owners the full gamut of expertise and experience.
Mike’s expertise includes:
- Transition planning
- Working capital management
- Forecasting and optimizing cash flow
- Finance structuring and negotiation
- Treasury management
- Due diligence, M&A, and wind-downs
- Lean manufacturing and accounting
- Financial analysis and strategy
- International operations and structure
- Staff development and organization
Mike received his BS in Accounting from Calvin College. While working full time, he completed his MBA from Notre Dame in 2005.
Mike and his wife Kathleen have two young children who consume a great amount of Mike’s free time. When not playing with his kids, he enjoys travelling and spending time in his yard.
- Calvin College; University of Notre Dame
Certificates & Licenses:
- MBA 2005; CGMA 2012, CM&AA 2015
- AICPA, FENG, Hope Haven International, Sioux Falls Chamber of Commerce, Prairie Family Business Association, Sioux Falls Estate Planning Council, Alliance of Mergers & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
Articles by Mike Ridder
- What is a T-Account?
- What is a Bridge?
- What is a Key Performance Indicator?
- What is Free Cash Flow?
- What is EBITDA?
- Uncontrolled use of financial terms
- Why I do what I do
- Happy New Year!
- Pulling Together The Success Team™
- Increasing Value – Removing Distractions
- Increasing Value – Establishing Processes
- Goal Setting
- The 5 C’s of Credit
- It's Time for Year-End Planning
- Why Can't We All Get Along?
- Innovation in South Dakota
- Do You Know How Much Your Tax Obligation Will Be for 2012?
- CNBC – America's Top States For Business 2012 Rankings
- Barron's rates South Dakota the "best-run" state
- Twelve Points For Your Business Compass
- Strategic Planning Made Simple
- Do You Know Where Your Cash Is?
- Where Does the Bottom Line Actually Start?
- In For The Long Haul
- The Game Plan™ – How We Work With Our Clients