About Ken Saddler
Ken continues to build on his many years of progressive, wide-ranging financial and business leadership experience. While operating in a variety of large manufacturing and consumer products concerns, he successfully built and led exemplary financial and IT organizations with four different corporations over the course of his twenty year career prior to joining B2B CFO®. During his corporate career, Ken held positions ranging from entry level Financial Analyst, to SVP of Finance, IT and Business Insights and Global Director of Finance and Planning while encompassing both domestic and international responsibilities. Ken has eighteen years experience in the CFO role at different companies ranging in size from $1M to $1.7B. His career has spanned numerous cities including Dallas and Pittsburgh with Midwest stints in Chicago, St. Louis, Milwaukee, and, currently, Minneapolis.
Ken has worked in the following types of businesses providing his financial expertise at various levels.
Technology: software as a service* and mainframe software, semiconductor manufacturing, creative web design and development, network security consulting
Housewares: storage and organization products, paint applicators, consumer glass products, custom window coverings*
Health Care: home health care*, workers comp case management*, medical scribe staffing*, supplement manufacturing*
Industrial: glass products, construction and farm equipment components, data center and commercial electrical products, point-of-sale equipment, productivity tools for the art industry
Office Products: markers and writing instruments, small desk items, back-to-school supplies
Luxury: high quality confections*, jewelry, high end writing instruments
Services: printing, commercial sewing, inter-modal transportation, network security consulting, commercial and retail dry cleaning and laundry*
Wholesale Distribution: packaging supplies and solutions, propane, fuels, and lubricants*, landscaping and masonry supplies*
* current B2B CFO® client engagements
Through his vast industry experiences Ken has gained valuable knowledge in several specific areas of each industry. Included in his experiences are:
- Heavy industrial, as well as, lighter manufacturing
- Professional services
- Health care services and products
- Clean room manufacturing
- Wholesale distribution
- Supply chain management
He also has experience working and directly negotiating with an array of customer groups that have included:
- Office superstores
- Discount retailers
- Wholesale distributors
- Department stores
- Aftermarket part retailers
- Public education institutions
- Government agencies
- Do-it-yourself retailers
Ken is recognized for his key strengths in the following areas:
- Planning and guiding business owners through a successful exit or transition from a business.
- Aggressively identifying and driving profit improvement opportunities.
- Developing strategic plans and visions supported by executable business and financial plans.
- Uncovering sources of cash flow and implementing methods to make use of the cash.
- Successfully managing third party relationships such as banking, insurance, CPA
- Managing and improving operations.
- Building top notch organizations and fostering a culture of success.
- Leading with an open and direct, “people first” style.
Key areas of focus for current B2B CFO® clients is business transition for owners, short and long term financial plans, cash flow projections and management, identifying new sources of cash, managing financing and investment relationships, profitability improvement, conversion to accrual accounting from the cash basis, gross margin expansion, staff development, and evaluation of strategic alternatives.
Ken received his BSBA degree from the University of Arizona with majors in both finance and marketing. While working full-time, Ken completed his MBA degree at the University of Dallas with a concentration in corporate finance. During his academic career, he completed 27 hours of accounting coursework.
Ken and his wife Sheralyn have two college age children. When he’s not following his daughter’s NCAA swimming career and his son’s guitar escapades, he’s an active Masters swimmer and triathlon competitor himself. In the past, Ken has been the volunteer CFO for Rapport Afghanistan, a charity providing basic necessities to the impoverished citizens of Afghanistan. Ken is also a participant in the Feed My Starving Children charity and co-founded Solid Beginnings, a charitable organization that redistributed used and new infant and toddler items to less privileged families in the Chicago area.
Read Ken’s blog
- University of Arizona, University of Dallas
Articles by Ken Saddler
- Buy the Rumor, Sell the Fact
- Veteran’s Day
- CFO Magazine Feature
- Quote Worth Sharing
- Good Economic News
- Recent Minnesota Tax Law Changes
- B2B CFO Client in the News
- Sweet Satisfaction
- The Exit Strategy Handbook
- Note to self…and other folks involved in selling
- Stick to Your Plan
- Refreshing Conversation
- Good Advice
- Give and You Will Receive
- The Joy of Helping Clients
- B2B CFO Annual Partners Meeting
- (somewhat) Random Thought While Jogging
- Funky Chunky in the News Again! Happy Valentine's Day
- Funky Chunky on The Today Show
- The Filter of Business Value