About Dave Lemon
I have been a partner with B2B CFO®; since 2009 and I provide CFO and business transition services for companies in numerous industries with up to $75 million in revenue. The two services are very complimentary, as CFO engagements often turn into business transition engagements. I enjoy working with owners as their CFO, enabling them to focus their energies on growing their business instead of managing the financial affairs of the company.
Here is a sample of engagements I’ve worked on:
- Negotiated a new credit facility for a $7M entertainment industry company to help fund 20% growth.
- Recruited & trained CFO/controller candidates for two fast-growing companies.
- Provide industry benchmarking and cash flow modeling services for an exit planning firm.
- Helped a mfg/distribution company implement a new accounting & inventory management system.
- Implemented product/customer/rep profitability analysis using pivot tables for a $25M IT supply chain company.
Business Transition Services Engagements
- Helped a national SaaS software company sell to a global strategic buyer.
- Helped a $14M regional food company sell to a PE backed company as part of a national rollup.
- Helped a $6M distribution company sell to a competitor.
- Completed a strategic business plan for a SaaS software company resulting in a new exit strategy.
- Worked with buyers/sellers to complete business valuation models and due diligence for a business broker.
I am a member of the Board of Directors and am President-elect for ACG Nebraska, and I lead their annual ACG Cup, which is an M&A case study competition for MBA students at Creighton, UNL, UNO & Bellevue Universities. I am also a member of the Nebraska Society of CPA’s (inactive) and the Pay It Forward Group.
- University of South Dakota
Certificates & Licenses:
- Quickbooks Certified ProAdvisor
- ACG Nebraska
- Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce
- Pay It Forward Group
- Nebraska Society of CPAs
Articles by Dave Lemon
- “Why” Video from B2B CFO
- Founder Jerry Mills’ Latest Article on CFO.com
- Does Our “Why” Benefit You?
- Jerry L. Mills Named Among Top 5 Finalists of the Middle Market Thought Leader Award
- The New Exit Strategy Handbook
- Outsmart Obamacare – Go Protean
- What Does a B2B CFO® Do?
- Strategic Planning Made Simple
- Having Trouble Sleeping?
- To Share, or Not to Share?
- B2B CFO named to 2012 Inc. 5000 List
- For the third consecutive year, B2B CFO© ranks among America’s fastest growing companies
- Do you Have a GamePlan?
- B2B CFO Accepting Nominations for The Smart 25 Awards
- When Should a Small Business Hire a Finance Chief?
- WSJ Article HighlightsThis Year’s Top 50 Venture-Backed Companies
- B2B CFO® Among 25 Free Enterprise Honorees
- Using Excel Pivot Tables to Analyze Sales and Customers