Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN CFO
32 Years of Experience
University of Minnesota
Certificates & Licenses:
BSA '80, MBT '86
Financial Executives International
Contact John Morris and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
John is a roll up the sleeves finance executive who has been helping entrepreneurs grow and manage their businesses for over 30 years. He began his career at Coopers & Lybrand LLP (now PricewaterhouseCoopers) where he rose to be a sought after partner, and regional technology industry leader. He then exercised his entrepreneurial bug and helped form and manage a technology services company which he helped sell after seven years of operating success.
John then joined a software as a service company (SaaS) in the mortgage origination and fulfillment sector. While with the company he led the sale of a joint venture and ultimately the sale of the company twice. Once to a partner and the second time he led the sale of the combined entity to a competitor.
Known for being a strong communicator, principled leader, and problem solver; John has been successful at creating and building businesses and relationships. He is able to create positive relationships and results. He has a proven record of creating and improving business processes to enhance efficiency and leverage capital within complex corporate structures.
John’s experience includes:
- Creating new business from plan to profitable operation
- Maintaining and building strong relationships with stakeholders
- Restructuring equity relationships
- Creating sustainable business models
- Implementing and utilizing technology to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Merger and acquisition planning and execution
- Strategic planning
- Business process creation, improvement and measurement
- Joint venture consulting
- Capital formation strategy
- Cash flow consulting
- Product pricing strategy
- Intellectual property protection and management
John has a Masters degree in Business Taxation from the Carlson School of Business at the University of Minnesota where he also earned his Bachelors degree in Accounting. He a member of Financial Executives International. He and his wife Susan live in Minneapolis.